Friday 24 June 2011

Digital Sketches are Here!

Greetings!

I've finally been able to get the first lot of images up! They're available here. The format isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it's functional and I'll be looking into ways of improving it in the future.

Basically, this is a collection of quick digital sketches I've done using my new Wacom digital illustration tablet. I had two thoughts with this. Firstly, I thought doing a quick sketch or doodle with the tablet each day will help me not only get familiar with how to use it, but also help to develop my skills. I don't really feel like I've ever actively practised drawing of my own accord before, so I'm hoping this will be particularly beneficial. Secondly, making the choice to upload it for everyone to see on this site and Facebook should help motivate me to make sure that the final product is of an acceptable standard each day. If I wasn't uploading them, I wouldn't really care about how they turned out, which would defeat the purpose of practising each day.

Also with these images, I wanted to be able to keep the site active. Without this tablet, I'd really only be uploading the work I'd done at uni, and the problem with that is that we're not always tasked with producing that many completed works. For example, last semester we were only really given three tasks to carry out to completion, compared to the first and second semesters, where we usually had about ten or more. Hopefully, keeping the site active will keep people interested, and if you're genuinely interested in what I'm doing, I can at least do you that courtesy.

Obviously these sketches won't be of the same quality as my university work, and their quality will vary dramatically depending on how much time I get to spend on them each day, but hopefully you'll usually see something you like. Feel free to leave any questions or comments. Let me know what you do and don't like, and I'll try to tailor my sketches accordingly.

Thankyou very much! My more detailed works should be up shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment