Tuesday 6 December 2011

Back Again!

Greetings.

Firstly, my apologies. The amount of time I had to spend on uni work this semester was far greater than what I'd thought it would be, so instead of being able to upload some new artworks every couple of weeks or so, I pretty much had to spend all my remaining time working on that instead. Thanks to anyone who kept checking for updates, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. Unfortunately, this will likely be the case for next year as well.

However, there's a number of important news updates, as well as a number of new artworks in the upcoming weeks.

News update number one... My entomological illustration came third in its category of the Australian and New Zealand Entomological Societies' Illustration and Photographic Competition, winning me a handsome fifty dollars! The prize money came as an extra shock to me, as, according to the website, only the people who came first and second in my category were supposed to receive money, not third.

The second news update is a new competition I've entered in, as a part of my course, for the future publication of a book entitled 'The Flora of the Hunter'. The assignment/competition was to scientifically illustrate two plants of the Proteaceae family. I chose to do two types of Banksia. Very excitingly, the winner of this will receive the Tina Offler and John Patrick Acquisitional Botanical Illustration Prize, being two hundred and fifty dollars. Additionally, the winner, and to the best of my knowledge any honourable mentions, will actually be published in the book. I don't know when we will find out the results, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out who's going to be published.

Thirdly, as some observant readers may have already noticed, I now have my own official domain name! While www.mikehb91.blogspot.com is still just as functional, there is now the brand new and official www.mikehb.com! From what I can gather, you'll generally be redirected to the official site, but there shouldn't be any major differences between the two addresses. But remember... www.mikehb.com!

And... That's about it for now! Thanks to everyone for reading this. The site's been far more successful than I'd  imagined it would be. I've gotten around a thousand views since I announced it six months ago. Unfortunately I don't have an exact number, as my views were accidentally tallied as I was creating the site, but the support's definitely there.

Thankyou!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update this site you lazy bum

Post a Comment