Wednesday 27 July 2011

Spread the Word!

Greetings!

After all the work I've been doing on my site, it's finally fit for viewing! Be sure to check out all the tabs above to see what I've been up to. Currently, only the Field, Botanical and Medical Illustration pages are still unfinished, but everything else is up to date! I've also added a "Follow by Email" button to the sidebar for anyone wanting to subscribe to updates, and every page is now able to receive comments, so let me know what you think.

To anyone wanting to subscribe or comment, basically all you need to do is follow the prompts. To subscribe, enter your email into the "Follow by Email" box and click "Submit". A pop-up should appear with a CAPTCHA. Fill it out, click "Complete Subscription Request" and you should receive an email notification every time I post an update! As for comments, while previously only people with a blog or Google account could comment, now anyone can. If you want to, and don't have any of these other accounts, just select "Name/URL" from the drop down menu and fill in your name, or simply post anonymously!

In addition to this, I've made a number of other changes too. I've implemented a neat "lightbox" system for viewing images, which will simply enlarge images instead of redirecting your browser to the image links. Navigation links have been added to the bottom of most pages, making finding your way around the site much easier. Furthermore, I've added a unique "favicon" to my site, being the small "HB" symbol in the address bar or tab, and removed an irrelevant Blogger taskbar that used to automatically show at the top of the page.

Other than that, I've made a few general changes to the layout of the Natural History, Studio and Scientific Illustration pages, which mainly consists of limiting the number of paragraphs above the first image of the page. I haven't actually removed any written information... That information is now simply located closer to the bottom of each page, making it easier to see the images, which allows them to be the focus of the page instead of the text.

And that's pretty much it! I'm also aiming to add a universal Gallery page to the site, just as soon as I figure out the best way to do so, as well as finishing the aforementioned unfinished pages. I've also just returned to uni this week, so while the Digital Sketches updates might slow, there should be some new Studio and Field updates within the next few weeks, once the Field page is up and running...

So... Thankyou! Don't forget to check back for updates and tell everyone about the site!

0 comments:

Post a Comment